https://vimeo.com/428854775
I received very helpful feedback from my peers on my first elevator pitch. The main advice was to speak with more passion, which I believe I did in this second pitch. Additionally, someone recommended that I add in the amount of money that people usually pay for hurricane shutter installations. I thought that tip was very useful and insightful for my customers so I added that in this video. I did not receive any feedback that was outright wrong or silly. I appreciate all the helpful feedback that my peers gave me. I am eager to hear their thoughts about this pitch!
Hello James,
ReplyDeleteAgain, I really like how you begin with your elevator pitch. It makes people qucikly enegage in your speech and people are really interested in "saveing money". I think you offer the comparative advantage about low price very clearly and other peer reviews suggestions, like add in how much money people usually paid for shutter installation is also great suggestion. It is great you can learn from the suggestions. great job!
James,
ReplyDeleteI think it was wise of you to take into account your peers’ feedback and add the numerical statistic of the amount people pay for hurricane shutter installations because it gives your audience a point of reference in relation to your inexpensive solution. Additionally, I think your opening hook carried over from the first elevator pitch is really good and should remain a part of the pitch because it is a humorous ice-breaker that helps segway into the rest of the more meaty content of your business idea. Lastly, one of the unique aspects of your business that sets you apart is that you do not charge by the hour, but rather by the number of windows on the house. Therefore, to further bolster your superior business, I think it would be good to point out that other hurricane shutter installation companies overcharge their customers by requiring that they be paid by the hour.
Hi James!
ReplyDeleteI think adding in the cost that other companies charge is a great way to show the tremendous value that your company offers. Overall, I think you did very well and I’m glad you kept the hook of asking who likes to save money. I know whenever I hear the words “money” and “save” in the same sentence, it always gets my attention!
Hey James,
ReplyDeleteYou did an even better job second time around and it was a good idea to take others' feedback into account. Your word choice made your elevator pitch that much more interesting because it really caught my attention which is something you definitely want in an elevator pitch. You want the other person to remember you and your concept and I think you did a really good job at doing that!
Hi James,
ReplyDeleteMe again, I watched both your first video and your second now and think this one is the best. I really like how you still started the same way it truly caught my attention. I think you did a great job both times, the reason why I enjoyed this one more was because you seemed more confident and also like how you added more statistics. Keep up the good work! -Mayson
Hello James,
ReplyDeleteSimilar to your first interview, I liked the fact that you started with a bold question as it instantly grabbed my attention. Your clear and upfront pricing model makes it very convincing for people to start purchasing your product/service. One suggestion would be to maybe look towards the camera instead of up and down, but aside from that it was a great elevator pitch!
Hi James,
ReplyDeleteI loved watching your introduction! I think catching the audience’s attention is really important at the very beginning of your 90 second pitch because if people do not start listening right away then they will miss important information or the entire presentation itself. The additional details that were added from the first video was a good difference as well!