Saturday, June 13, 2020

19A Idea Napkin No. 2

1. My name is James Klopman. I am a hard worker, organized and determined. I have taken rigorous courses in high school and throughout college so far. I always tried to work ahead and have made the necessary adjustments to succeed in each class. I worked at a movie theater for two years and gained valuable customer service experience. I do not know which specific career path I want to pursue. However, I know that I am interested in business and have a passion for sports. This hurricane shutter business would not play a major role in my life because it is seasonal and something that my friends and I would do on the side. 

2. I am offering customers inexpensive hurricane shutter installations in the Broward County area of South Florida. Many people are on a tight budget as a result of the Corona Virus pandemic. Customers will save hundreds of dollars using my service compared to others and of course remain safe from the storms.

3. My customers will all be located in Broward County. Additionally, they will be looking to save money because they can't afford high-priced shutter services as a result of the Corona Virus pandemic. They are also seeking protection from hurricanes. 

4. Customers will actually pay for my service because my friends and I have years of experience putting up hurricane shutters. We will be helping customers save anywhere from $200-400. We believe our friendly prices will attract many customers.

5. I believe my many years of experience and extremely low prices set my business apart from everyone else. I also believe I will be able to relate on a personal level with my customers. I have been a South Florida resident all my life and am aware of the pandemonium that comes with hurricane season. 

I believe all these elements fit together and will allow me to have a very successful business each hurricane season. I am a perfectionist and will never give up. My peers suggested that I come up with a shutter removal package as well. I took that into consideration and will soon be determining if that is feasible. Additionally, my peers raved about the low prices my business offers, so I continued to emphasize that. 

8 comments:

  1. Hello James,
    I think you answer all of questions clearly and specific point out all the information. It is a really great summary for all of your previous work. You are really determined and try hard to pursue your dream. The comparative advantage of your business is to set a lower price because all of people want to save money.I think your business can work. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James,
    In reading about your past experiences, I was glad to see that you have years of experience putting up hurricane shelters because this forms the basis of your credibility and reputation with potential customers. THey want to know that while your service is inexpensive, it is by no means ineffective or poorly done but rather will deliver a high-quality, professional service. Additionally, I think it was smart to position your business in Broward County and point out their restricted budgets due to COVID-19 because theri county was among the most hard-hit by the pandemic. With so many businesses shut down adn jobs lossed, your inexpensive service is what many Broward County residents will seek out when hurricane season comes in full force. Since you yourself are a south Floridian, do you plan on promoting and advertising your service through your personal circles of influence in your community (recreational centers, parks, high schools, gyms,etc)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi James! This is my first time looking at your posts! I think you have a great idea of providing inexpensive hurricane shutter installations as hurricane season approaching here in Florida. I watched your Elevator Pitch and mentioned that you had placed your prices cheaper than others due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I think this is a good idea, but I would like to see if I were one of the potential investors in assisting making your product a reality, I would ask you how you see your product in a couple of years after the COVID-19 pandemic. Overall, I think the service has great potential in being a success, and these are just thoughts to think about further along the line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi James!
    I think your business idea is very well defined and shows a lot of promise. The idea you mentioned regarding shutter removal along with shutter installation would be a great addition. The removal of shutters can be just as difficult as the install, so I’m sure the service would be well received. Including the cost savings compared to other companies really makes your service stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi James,

    I like how you took feedback into consideration but also decided to check the feasibility of those suggestions before just including them in your service. Feasibility is a major determinant in launching a product or service because you want to make sure it is possible before pouring time, energy and money into it. Recognizing the current economic situation is a very smart thing to do because thousands of people have lost their jobs and I am sure many people are looking for inexpensive products and services nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello James,
    I enjoyed reading your idea napkin. I noticed that you modified your first paragraph and talked about your movie theatre experience. I think that is great to include as it shows that you have the skills needed to deal with customers on a regular basis. Your pricing and ability to interact with customers frequently should allow your business idea to become quite successful. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi James,
    I really enjoyed reading your response and I actually have a lot of those skillsets in common with you. I try my best to stay organized and I am very determined in school and at work. I think that you mentioned really similar concepts to mine as well and find it so cool learning what we all have in common. I am also a perfectionist but that can get you far in life. I think you can apply these all to your business. Keep up the good work!-Mayson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi James,

    I think your years of experience and your background being from South Florida is important to use. I also think it is great how you are using certain events to not only start a business but create an opportunity for people to invest in things that can help protect them and their families. I agree with you that putting these elements together work really well especially during hurricane season.

    ReplyDelete