Tuesday, June 30, 2020

26A Celebrating Failure

One memorable instance of failure for me this semester was when I did not do particularly well on one of my essays in my other class I am taking. I learned that leaving 1000 words for the last few hours of the due day is a bad decision. I also failed on this assignment because I did not watch any of the readings or videos that were required. I was lazy that week and watched way too much TV. I paid the price by getting a low score that hurt my overall grade. I learned that time management is super important and that essays require more than just a day of work. This has encouraged me to get ahead on assignments in both of my summer classes and relieved stress for me. I am very competitive in anything I do. Therefore, I take failure pretty harshly. I tend to need some immediate alone time to reflect. In the end, though, I learn from my mistakes and become a better person. This class has definitely changed my perspective on failure because taking risks are encouraged! I am definitely more likely to take a risk now than I was just a few months ago. I owe it all to ENT3003!

9 comments:

  1. Hi James,
    After reading your work I realized why you always do ENT3003 assignment ahead. I also had the similar experience--did not have enough time to prepare for an exam---in high school. My score was very low and I was really regreted. I also learned that since I am not smart and not a fast learner, I should prepare for exam in advance and do more practice exams.I believe you will have good grades in the future after this "failure".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey James,

    I can relate to the struggle of writing an essay in a short amount of time. Cramming an essay until the last minute is not fun at all and causes unnecessary stress. I am glad that you were able to learn from this failure and apply working ahead to this class. It’s also great that you’re more willing to take a risk after completing this class. Hopefully taking risks serves you well in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey James!
    I also take failure pretty harsh but we need to give ourselves breaks and those "lazy days" every now and then. Time management is something I have found to be crucial for completing assignment, especially papers. But it is also important to realize that skipping or doing bad on one assignment isn't going to ruin your grade. Prep ahead but also try to relax sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi James,

    I am so happy that you learned the importance of time management sooner than later. Don't worry, missing a deadline happens to the best of us. As long as your reflect and come up with a game plan on how to improve, you will be fine. It is great that you have gotten ahead of your assignments in this course. It definitely relieves so much stress to know that you have gotten ahead and don't have to worry about that late night "oh wait, something's due tomorrow at noon." Great job on doing that. I wish you the best and hope you translate these skills during the rest of your time at UF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey James,

    I think you've already shown that this was a lesson learned because you took the bull by the horns and ripped out all the assignments for this course like you were on a mission. Definitely a lesson learned, but your focus in this class shows that out of failure comes success. We all let our guard down a little bit sometimes, but it certainly recharged you! Good job on this and all you other assignments so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello James,

    I can totally understand your situation as I have been in your same shoes at one point in my past. It is tough to procrastinate and produce work that is at the expected quality, as well as increases stress when you are working on it. It’s great that you were able to overcome this issue for ENT3003 and your work so far has been of great quality. I agree that this class makes us embrace risk taking. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello James,

    I know how you feel sometimes we feel overwhelmed and we don't organize our time the way we should. I am extremely bad writing essays and I don't like it to write them, so I know how frustrated can be to write the last words. However, these are the kind of things that help us to improve in the future and improve the next time. It is good to read that you learn from your mistakes to become a better person it is the best way to learn in life. Nobody knows everything in life, so basically, failure is necessary to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi James,

    This is a definite issue I have faced in the past. I dislike writing large essays are doing large assignments that have a heavy word requirement so I have also placed myself in a similar situation. I agree that time management can be a lot of help in solving these issues. I think that with spreading out work when it comes to large word assignments it can make these assignment a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi James,
    I really enjoyed reading your failure and what it has taught you as a person. I think you did a great job completing this assignment as well. I also struggle with this same issue the past semester and I also seem to procrastinate a lot in this class. I hope that you apply this lesson that you learned into your future business because I can tell it has taught you a lot. Keep up the good work. Mayson

    ReplyDelete