Saturday, June 13, 2020
18A Create a Customer Avatar
Although there was a website available for me to create my own customer avatar, I did not feel that was necessary because there are countless people who look different that are prototypical customers for my service. This is because I am offering the service to anyone who has shutters and lives in a home with windows in South Florida. I am not sure if I can accurately say what my customers favorite hobbies are, what cars they drive, what shows they watch, what children they have etc. However, I can say that most of my customers are usually adults. I do not necessarily consider myself a prototypical customer for hurricane shutter installations because I do not own a home or have a steady income. However, my parents are definitely prime customers for this service. It is hard for me to say if I share any similarities with my customer avatar because my customer base is so broad. I hope that I can help solve my customer needs of saving money and staying safe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello James,
ReplyDeleteI agree that any kinds of person need the shutter installations service. It is hard for you to identify customer's favorite hobbies, cars, TV shows etc. I think my business is similar to yours since most of people need the delivery food service and I can not figure out what the customers favorite hobbies.
James,
ReplyDeleteWhile it was an important observation that most of your customers are adults because they have the means to pay you for your service, I do think you could have pegged your customer down more according to their economic bracket, geographical location, and ideology/attitudes. For instance, are your customers low to middle income families? Or as you mentioned, are they simply people with steady incomes? Are there specific neighborhoods or communities in South FL that have been adversely affected in the past? By answering what spots in south FL are most affected by hurricane damage you may be able to narrow potential customer’s geographic location. Do your customers not consider themselves handy or DIY-type people, so they call your service to get the job done? These are just a few suggestions, nice job!
Hi James!
ReplyDeleteI would agree that the prototypical customer for your service is going to come in quite a variety. Obviously, the main component of your customer is going to be a homeowner, but outside of that there aren’t many characteristics that would set them apart. Income could be a factor for someone to consider your service. Although, the portion of the population that doesn’t have the mechanical ability to do it themselves or the extra income, would hopefully find a way to come up with the money to protect themselves and their families.
Hey James,
ReplyDeleteI agree that you have a wide variety of potential consumers but the good part is that they are all geographically located near each other which allows you to edit your concept to suit their specific needs. I definitely believe that age also plays a role in creating your prototypical customer because kids or adults under the age of 25 aren't going to be interested in your product because they most likely do not own a home. I definitely would take a look at the DIY and "handyman" type of people because they may not be categorized as your prototypical customer because they most likely would not need your services. Just something to consider for the future, good job!
Hey James,
ReplyDeleteI have to agree that you have a variety of customers but as you mentioned your customers should own a house. I think your picture here represents that well it can be a young couple or maybe a large family. However, I think you could add things such as what kind of house does your customers own, is it an apartment? is it a 2 story house? Do they have a job? do they have any skills? I hope this helps.
Hello James,
ReplyDeleteI like the image you have chosen as it shows a family who have a home with a lot of windows. This is definitely the image that would come to my head when I think of people who want to have shutters installed in their houses. It is interesting how you do not fall in the prototypical customer, but you are willing to use your knowledge to help people outside your comfort domain. Great post!
Hi there James,
ReplyDeleteI think you did a great job choosing the image to address who your ideal customers are. I think that people in South Florida really needs this idea. I also think you could have addressed more specific facts about your customer to give us a clearer image. Other than that, I think it is fantastic and such a good idea. Keep up the good work!
Hey James,
ReplyDeleteI think the avatar pic is fitting. A couple in love with their home investment will definitely want those windows protected during the storms. You clearly have a concise idea with the right market identified, and I'm confident you will have high demand. With the current state of affairs in S. Florida, people may want to be shuttered in for other things besides wind and rain :)
Kyle Drake
Hi James!
ReplyDeleteI think you had a great idea of not characterizing your prototypical customers into one specific kind of person. I can see your business appealing to such a diverse group that it would be so hard to find a unique characteristic from all of them. The picture you included is great though as it allows people to imagine anybody who has a home as that is what is necessary for your company.