Sunday, May 10, 2020

3A My Entrepreneurship Story

I was exposed to entrepreneurship in the 7th grade when my mom and I decided to set up a homemade lemonade stand in our neighborhood. This idea was inspired by our love for lemonade, specifically the kind that we would make every weekend for our family. We enjoyed making the lemonade from scratch and getting refreshed after exercising outside. I made the sign for the stand by using a catchy slogan and vibrant colors to attract as many customers as possible. We anticipated on this little business being a success due to kids constantly playing sports outside. Our hours of operation were 10AM-330PM on weekends only. Over the course of the 2 months we ran this stand, we managed to raise a little over 450 dollars. The price was 50 cents for a large cup of lemonade. The kids loved the product and it was a bonding experience for my mom and I.

I enrolled in ENT3003 because I am interested in learning about the entrepreneurship process and becoming able to apply it. I consider myself a relatively creative person and I think that trait will allow me to flourish in this class. Additionally, a few of my friends recommended this class to me by saying it is a very engaging business elective.


Entrepreneurship: Definition, Origin, ConceptLemonade Stands Are Illegal In Most Of The United States - Country ...







5 comments:

  1. Hello James,
    I find your store very interesting. The lemonade stand is a great idea, because lemonade is easy to make and the demand is not low. It is really smart of you to use catchy slogan and vibrant color to attract customers, and chose great time (weekends) to sell. Although it is just a small stand, it is a great opportunity to foster the enterpreneurial spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello James,

    Your first entrepreneurial idea of a lemonade stand is great! I’m sure you sold a lot of lemonades especially in the heat of the summer. It seems like a great starting business idea especially for a 7th grader. I am also taking this class to learn more about the entrepreneurship process and hope to learn a lot of cool and innovating ideas to apply to my future businesses.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi James! I enjoyed reading about your entrepreneurship story. Opening a lemonade stand in the front yard is a classic start to entrepreneurship. I also like how this was a bonding experience for you and your mom. In my entrepreneurship story, I also bonded with my mom and we both learned a lot about each other. Overall great post and great story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi James,

    I love the idea of having a lemonade stand, as it was something I always wanted to do when I was a little kid. I think it is amazing how you thought of a slogan and made sure the color schemes were good, as that is something that always catches my eye. I also am interested in learning about the entrepreneurship process and cannot wait to learn how be more prepared in the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi James,

    Thanks for sharing this. This post relates to my entrepreneurship story in many ways but it relates more to an entrepreneurship venture I had as a kid but did not share on the blog. When I was 12 I spent the Winter in Pittsburgh and during my time there I started shoveling snow for money. Within three weeks, I recruited other kids my age to do the same and had enough money to pay them. At the end of the summer I saved up a decent amount of money and started thinking about other ideas.

    ReplyDelete