Opportunity #1- Health and Fitness
a. https://spy.com/articles/health-wellness/fitness/how-to-workout-at-home-237884/
b. Countless people who enjoy going to the gym can't go because they are closed due to the Corona Virus. Therefore, an increasing number of people are using workout bands and free weights at their homes. Additionally, even if gyms were to open up, a vast majority of its members would be skeptical to go back right away and choose to stick with their at-home workouts to be safe.
c. The prototypical customer is someone who is cautious about staying fit and wants to workout in Quarantine.
d. I think this opportunity is relatively easy to exploit because there are many people who would prefer to work out in the comfort of their home and not have to deal with the dirtiness and overcrowding at public gyms.
I saw the opportunity because at school I am constantly working out with my friends at Southwest Recreation Center. Since gyms are closed now, I have been working out at home. I noticed that I am more efficient and enjoy working out alone. My desire to stay fit and take care of my body helped me find this opportunity.
Opportunity #2- Unemployment
a. https://smartasset.com/financial-advisor/coronavirus-stimulus-package
b. This opportunity exists because the Corona Virus pandemic has forced many businesses to shut down and millions of workers have lost their jobs. President Trump launched this package hoping to financially assist people and businesses during this crisis.
c. The prototypical customer is someone who is unemployed and needs a source of emergency income.
d. This opportunity is relatively easy to exploit because there are countless unemployed Americans who are scrambling for money as a result of this virus. This is an opportunity for many people who need the money to gain a source of income that will keep them afloat.
I formed the belief that this opportunity exists because many of my friends' parents have lost their jobs and unemployment is a frequent topic on the news nowadays. It pains me to see so many people suffering as a result of the virus and I want the unemployed to receive as many benefits as possible.
Opportunity #3- Hurricane Season
a. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2020/04/02/hurricane-season-in-june-during-coronavirus-pandemic/5111024002/
b. This opportunity exists because we are still in the midst of the Corona Virus pandemic despite hurricane season quickly approaching. Most people are completely unaware of this as all attention is on the virus.
c. The prototypical customer is any resident in the state of Florida since it is a prime candidate to receive hurricane damage.
d. This opportunity is relatively easy to exploit because anyone who has lived in Florida during past hurricane seasons knows how dangerous it can be. However, with all the chaos surrounding this virus, many people are completely oblivious to the potential storms.
I formed the belief that this opportunity exists because I saw a news article recently warning Floridians of the approaching hurricane season. Additionally, I have lived in Florida my whole life and have experienced some bad hurricane damage. I just don't think many residents are going to be prepared for the hurricanes because they're preoccupied with the virus.
Opportunity #4- Increase in online shopping
a. https://theblog.adobe.com/how-covid-19-is-impacting-online-shopping-behavior/
b. I believe this opportunity exists because most stores are closed and people are skeptical to leave their homes.
c. The prototypical customer is basically anyone that owns a mobile device who needs to shop for products and necessities.
d. This opportunity is relatively easy to exploit because there aren't many physical stores open for any business currently. As a result, most companies are now offering all their products online.
I formed the belief that this opportunity exists because there is still a high demand for goods and services despite everyone staying at home. My family and I have online shopped numerous times throughout this quarantine and will continue to do so.
Hello James
ReplyDeleteGreat job looking for all of these opportunities. I think I can relate to almost all of them. The one of online shopping I agree with you because with the current situation almost everyone has had to buy something online . I think is something easy to exploit as well, but I think that many people do not have an electronic device to have these online resources. Therefore, this is a factor that may need to be taken into consideration. I also identify myself with the health and fitness opportunity because I had little time to work out or to go to the gym. However, since the pandemic began I have been able to work out at home with some resistance bands that I got online. I know that gyms recently opened, but I kind of scare to go because I think is a hard place to maintain safety rules.
Hi James,
ReplyDeleteI really like your ideas for COVID. I think the problem of unemployement is really serious because of the virus. Not only in U.S, but also in my hometown, China, many small business were go bankruptcy. No one go outside, so the demand was dropped significantly. I am not sure how people can get the emergency income, and if the unemployement fund is a good idea. I also like the online shopping idea, since people do not go outside, they have to order something online. In this way can keep more people stay at home, and less people will get infected if they do not go outside.
Hello James,
ReplyDeleteMany of my articles were also effects of the coronavirus on our society. Your first opportunity sounds very practical as that is something I have currently been dealing with. I try to find online workout videos to stay in shape and also considered purchasing free weights. The other point you mentioned in opportunity 4 can also be exploited, since shopping has considerably switch to online, it might a good idea to invent an app to manage online purchases to make others lives easier. Great post!
Hi James,
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of helping people with working out at home. I think that this is one of the most annoying problems that many people face, as gym’s are an easy way for germs to spread around. This is also a difficult problem because today in this society many people just want to be constantly going to the gym, therefore this solution could probably help many people struggling and allow them to do it at home.a