Wednesday, July 1, 2020

30A Final Reflection

                                 



1. This has been a long journey in ENT3003. This was a class that I was hoping to attend in person at school. However, I still enjoyed this experience and believe I learned a lot. The Bug List was definitely one of my favorite assignments. It required intense thought and made me really pay attention to what I encounter each day. It was hard to come up with the last ten bugs. I enjoyed having to interview people about my venture because their feedback was extremely valuable.

2. The most formative experience would have to be the elevator pitch. I have not done that many times before and I think that by the time I got to my third pitch I became a pro. I will now feel comfortable the next time I have to speak in front of a group of people. I would definitely say that the bug list will be an experience that I will remember years later because I am now more cautious of things that bother me. The most joyous experience would have to be right now. I worked very far ahead in this course and all my hard work paid off. I am most proud of accomplishing a business venture that was very well-received by my peers.

3. I still do not have a real desire to be an entrepreneur. However, this class has made me develop more of an entrepreneurial mindset than before this class began.

4. One recommendation that I would make to students that are going to journey down this path in the future would be to plan and get ahead! Working ahead will make your life so much easier! To perform best in the course, I highly recommend watching the videos each week and taking notes. I think by making a full schedule for each week on Monday will help foster that mindset. Best of Luck!

8 comments:

  1. Hello James,
    I read a lot of posts from you and I think I really learned a lot from you. I really like your elevator pitch. You alaways say "who likes to save money", I find it is interesting to start a presentation. I also likes bug list and I also find it hard to come up with so many bugs. I will not notice so much bugs around me before I did the assignment. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James,
    Well, you definitely got ahead! :) That is something to be real proud of. Now, you can enjoy the rest of the semester relatively stress free and focus on doing great on the last few cupcakes. I plan on getting ahead as well, too. I agree that the Bug List was particularly eye-opening. I agree it was difficult to come up with the last few. I am so happy to hear you developed more of an entrepreneurial mindset. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey James,

    You did a great job this Summer leading the charge with Dave LeBeau in getting all those assignments done in record time, and you did a good job on them with a solid venture concept. I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to take this on-campus. I know that has to weigh heavily on a lot of the student body with the current crisis we're in. I'm with you on not being sure the entrepreneurial hat is right for me. Either way, we've all learned some valuable lessons and tools that we can apply to whatever vocation we end up in. Best of luck in the rest of your classes. Go Gators!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey James,

    It’s too bad that we couldn’t attend this class in-person, but hopefully you enjoyed the class still, despite it being completely online. I also like your honesty about not necessarily wanting to be an entrepreneur. I am similar to you, in the sense that if I become an entrepreneur, I will have to fully set my mind to it and commit. I’ve enjoyed reading your posts this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello James,

    I definitely agree and share the same point of view as you. I think the Bug List assignment was a great way to introduce us to this class and to think outside of our comfort zones of ideas. This did require a lot of work and at times I felt like the work was a lot but it was very rewarding, so I kept working through it. I also believe that working ahead is a great way to move through this course as you feel less overwhelmed and don’t really think of doing the assignments for a grade. I really enjoyed reading/following all your posts throughout the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi James!
    From all of your posts I have read so far this summer, I can say that you definitively developed an entrepreneurial mindset and have a bright future ahead of you. I really enjoyed reading and proving feedback on all our posts, as it gave me new ideas for my own venture and exposed me to other industries. I also viewed the elevator pitch as my most formative experience in this course because I think it gave the presenter a lot of confidence and tips for how to properly give a pitch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi James,
    I think you did a great job throughout this course and I hope you keep up with this opportunity for the future. Living in South Florida as well, I know this is a very unmet need to others so your idea can go a long way. When it comes to the final reflection I also agree with a lot of what you said in when it comes to this class. I hope you do big things with your career path. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello James,

    I agree with your advice. I wrote similar things about planning or working ahead because this class takes sometimes to get all assignments done plus watching the lectures for cupcakes. I think you did an incredible job working ahead this semester. I visited your blog a lot of times this semester and you were ahead. I also mentioned that the elevator pitch was the most formative assignment. In my case, I have never been asked to record myself and at the beginning, I felt uncomfortable, but I overcome this fear of being in front of the camera thanks to this assignment

    ReplyDelete